Gas Safe Register

Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI.


Landlords have responsibilities for gas safety.  All gas appliances provided by the landlord must be correctly maintained and a gas safety check must be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer.


If you are a tenant always:

-       Ask for a copy of the landlord’s current gas safety record before you move in or after the being carried out.

-       Check the ID card of any gas engineer that comes to do work in your home. The engineer must be Gas Safe registered.

-       Check the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing, You can find this information on the back of the ID card.

-       Cooperate with your landlord and let a registered engineer in when a gas safety check or servicing has to be done.

-       Arrange for any gas appliances you own to be regularly serviced and safety checked every year.

Remember, if you think a gas appliance is faulty turn it off and let your landlord know immediately. Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. If you feel unwell seek medical help immediately.

For more information and to find and check an engineer go to www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500. Take care, be Gas Safe.

Need a New Boiler?